Auction 6 – date: 4th July 2019
Mara Parmegiani’s vintage and antique clothes collection
The collection of Mara Parmegiani, historical journalist of fashion and costume, is the result of decades of patient research in Italy and abroad and of diligent studies on the materials that compose it.
The collection spans a period of time from the first half of the 19th century to the 90s of the 20th century, and is characterized by the exceptional quality of the pieces, the preciousness of the materials, the refinement of execution, as well as the antiquarian and socio-historical.
It is divided into 5 macro sections:
1. women’s dresses;
2. women’s underwear;
A small section is dedicated to the clothing worn by the servants of noble families.
The collection is up for auction on the international Inavaluable platform and the sales method is divided into the following calendar:
- from 27 June to 2 July – timed auction procedure for the entire collection of 635 lots and more;
if the collection is not sold in its entirety, the sale will be made for single lots in the following way:
- 4th July at 3:00 pm – live auction Session 1 – Underwear and children (161 lots) – Invaluable * – AuctionZip **;
- 5 July at 3:00 pm – live auction Session 2 – Dresses (192 lots) – Invaluable – AuctionZip;
- 6 July at 15:00 – live auction Session 3 – Accessories and hats (285 lots) – Invaluable – AuctionZip.
* Invaluable, LLC operates an online auction marketplace for decorative fine arts, antiques, collectibles and real estate sales. It provides marketing and e-commerce solutions, including auction listings, online bidding, websites and auction management software options (RFC systems) to auctions and art auctions worldwide. The company’s real-time online bidding platform allows collectors to bid in real time on auctions, as well as allowing bidders to search and buy from various auctions. It also sells Asian jewelry, furniture, arts and antiques; cars, boats and airplanes; dolls, bears and toys; and guns and firearms, wines and spirits and general products. Invaluable, LLC was formerly known as Artfact LLC and changed its name to Invaluable, LLC in November 2013. The company was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Allston, Massachusetts, with additional offices in the UK, France, Belgium, Germany and Australia.
** What is AuctionZip?
AuctionZip is the largest online auction marketplace in the world. They are the go-to destination where over 25,000 professionals and 13 million auction buyers gather each year to list and find auctions. With best-in-class online bidding technology, AuctionZip is the largest destination for online bidding. Each week they list thousands of new auction items and live auctions around the world.